What is a cookie?
- First and third-party cookies: whether a cookie is ‘first’ or ‘third’ party refers to the domain placing the cookie. First-party cookies are those set by a website that is being visited by the user at the time.
- Third-party cookies:are cookies that are set by a domain other than that of the website being visited by the user. If a user visits a website and another entity sets a cookie through that website, this would be a third-party cookie.
- Persistent cookies: these cookies remain on a user’s device for the period of time specified in the cookie. They are activated each time that the user visits the website that created that particular cookie.
- Session cookies: these cookies allow website operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Session cookies are created temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
What cookies do we use and why?
The cookies used on our website are categorised as follows:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below. You can view and manage cookies in your browser (though browsers for mobile devices may not offer this visibility).
|CONSENT||Opt In||Accepting cookies|
|JSESSIONID||Website Visit||Logs visit|
|NID||Website Visit||Logs visit|
|_ga||Google Analytics||Calculates number of site visits|
|_gat||Google Analytics||Calculates number of site visits|
|_gid||Google Analytics||Calculates number of site visits|
|wp-settings-16||WordPress Admin||Web Admins only|
|wp-settings-time-16||WordPress Admin||Web Admins only|
|_lfuuid||Lead Forensics||The _lfuuid cookie allows a website to track visitor behavior on the sites on which the cookie is installed. Tracking is performed anonymously until a user identifies himself by submitting a form.|
If you do not wish to accept cookies in connection with your use of this website, you must stop using our site.
Can I withdraw my consent?
If you wish to withdraw your consent at any time, you will need to delete your cookies using your internet browser settings.
For further information about deleting or blocking cookies, please visit: http://www.aboutcookies.org/Default.aspx?page=2.
How to delete and block our cookies
Changing your cookie settings
Please note that internet browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings are usually found in the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu of your internet browser. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful. Otherwise you should use the ‘Help’ option in your internet browser for more details.
Information about cookies
Useful information about cookies can be found at:
Internet Advertising Bureau
A guide to behavioural advertising and online privacy has been produced by the internet advertising industry which can be found at:
International Chamber of Commerce United Kingdom
Information on the ICC (UK) UK cookie guide can be found on the ICC Web site section:
How to contact us
If you have any questions about our information practices, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org of in writing at:
Just Payroll Services
Basepoint Business Centre
377-399 London Road